What do you want to do with your life?
A career in Emergency Medicine promises excitement for those who thrive on action and variety. “If you are an adrenalin junkie, then this may be the job for you.”
Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) and Paramedics make a difference in the community. If you look in the news and current events in your community, you will see that an EMT or Paramedic was there helping to resolve crisis, provide aid to the injured and taking care of the sick. They were at the car accident, they were at the shooting, they were taking care of the homeless, and they were transporting the retired WWII veteran home from the hospital. It is all in a days work for EMS professionals. When you start your shift you have no idea what circumstances you will find yourself in throughout the day/night. If that sounds exciting to you, it is time for you to get involved.
If you are interested in a career as an Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic, the Great Lakes EMS Academy is the place to start. The Academy has worked for hundreds of people in a West Michigan and it will work for you too.
Do you have what it takes to be a Paramedic?
• Do you want to help people?
• Are you intensely curious and willing to continue learning?
• Are you cool and calm under stress?
• Are you good at working with people?
• Can you think fast on your feet?
• Do you like excitement and adventure?
• Are you interested in a career in healthcare?
• Are you interested in a professional career?